The Leap Year happens during every year that is divisible by four, except for years that are both divisible by 100 and not divisible by 400. Basically, 28-day February gets another day and I get an excuse to make a fluff piece!
It’s February 29 and I feel like making a list of things that only few people (mostly only close friends) know about me. If you already know more than half of the list then congratulations you must be someone I consider pretty close or someone I spend a lot of time with. Now that I’m going to unveil them, these items are already off the list of “things only close friends know about me”.
Here are 29 things you probably didn’t know about me:
1. I like new things.
When I say “new things”, I mean new ideas, experiences, lessons, people, adventure, food, etc. Anything that’s new appeals to me in levels I cannot explain.
2. If I say something, I probably meant it at the time.
Although I can be trusted to keep secrets, I get very emotional sometimes and by sometimes, I mean always. ❤
3. There will always be a special place in my heart/stomach for onions except Shallots because they hurt my feelings.
Well, a Shallot looks like a cross between garlic and onion so they probably don’t count anyway?
4. I patronize any food that has a superb sauce.
Regardless of whether or not the actual food tastes good. I would climb mountains and travel cities for the sauce that I crave for.
5. I prefer the one with BBQ sauce. Always.
If I have to choose a pizza/burger flavor, it’ll always be the one with BBQ sauce in it. Buffalo chicken makes my cold heart melt.
6. I have a preference for everything.
I prefer my friends loyal and honest. I prefer my beef loaf hot and crispy. I prefer my hair a certain way, a certain color, a certain shape. That goes without saying that I also have an opinion on everything, unless I explicitly say that I don’t have one (opinion) and by then, you should probably check my temperature because I might be sick.
7. If I tell you something that means something else I usually intended it to be something nice… But if you’re feeling hostile toward me, well, I’m not surprised you take it the wrong way.
I can be sarcastic. So sarcastic that at times when I give people honest compliments, they think I’m being sardonic. I don’t usually mean it in a bad way but I’m happy to know that people misunderstanding what I say show me what they really think about me.
8. I like thinking and discovering about a lot of things, more often than not, perceived useless.
When I was a kid, my mom used to give me encyclopedias as reward for excelling in school. I read them every night like bedtime stories. Facts and figures thrill me in ways I cannot describe. I understand though that a lot of people think that they’re useless.
Thus I have my Pseudoscience series.
9. I want to write about a lot of things but I don’t because of the fear of being misunderstood.
I like writing about broken hearts and sad things because I am empathetic with friends that share their sad stories. However, being married might give people the impression that I’m currently unhappy about my relationship so I just write about it under another pen name.
10. I’m so happy that Leonardo DiCaprio finally wins an Oscar! It literally made me cry.
11. My hands hurt a lot but I still play/work because I think that I prefer doing things that I love while I still can.
Or I’m just super hard-headed and I don’t really care what happens to me.
12. Don’t argue with me unless you’re sure that your opinion is 100% irrefutable.
I like taking arguments apart and putting them back together in a form you won’t even recognize. I will question everything you think you know about your views, and I will take it a chance for me to showcase all the useless information I’ve been hoarding in my brain all these years..
13. I like singing really high songs.
Singing is a good way for me to release a lot of pent-up emotions/feelings so when I do sing, I go all out. I’m not sure if I’m any good at it, but I love singing especially with booze and buddies.
14. I am really messy when I eat.
When I eat, food somehow finds its way unto my hair/lap/clothes/bag. I usually eat with a tissue nearby because my hands somehow get dirty even with the assistance of a spoon and fork.
15. I don’t know how to drive vehicles but I like race games.
I just never found the need. I don’t have a car anyway. I like racing in arcades though. Is it ironic?
16. I don’t mind if people think I’m stupid or crazy or weird.
I never fit in anyway, why bother?
17. I don’t care about my MMR but there’s a bet I must win.
I wanna play competitive again so bad.
18. It’s actually a miracle that I can still work (writing) and play.
To find out more about what happened to my hands, check this out.
19. If I were to choose between spicy and non-spicy, I will choose spicy most of the time.
Unless I’m sick or something.
20. I don’t like ice cream that only has one flavor.
I prefer ice cream that has one or more flavors like Rocky Road, Halo-Halo, Cookies and Cream, etc.
21. I don’t say something unless I’m sure of my source.
I hate being wrong so when I speak, I make sure I’m always right.
22. I have a guy best friend. He’s the only best friend I have left. Accepting applications for new best friends.
Things happen. People change. Life goes on.
23. If I had to wish for one realistic thing, it would be a gaming PC that could handle graphic software.
So I don’t have to get out of the house for work. Laziness overload.
24. Unrealistically, I want billions of dollars so I can go to the Casino (Las Vegas, no less) and play all I want.
Gambling is bae. ❤
25. Just because I say that I don’t know something, doesn’t mean that I literally do not know. More often than not, I have basic knowledge of that.
Because hoarded useless information in brain. There are rare moments when I don’t know about something; and I do something everyone should try once in a while (research).
26. Love is something I don’t mind giving.
Loving doesn’t make you a lesser person anyway. People who hoard love obviously need them most. I don’t need love, I have so much of that to give. ^_^
27. I’m always on a pseudo-diet.
I eat everything I want then pretend that I didn’t.
28. I don’t mind if nobody reads my words, I write anyway.
I love writing and expressing my ideas, with or without an audience. ❤
29. I can read minds.
Well, not really. But I can remember behavioral patterns and predict future actions. So, if traitors betray me, I’m more disappointed than surprised about it. I wish people proved me wrong; it gets boring after a while.
According to the random stuff I read online, some women celebrate the Leap Year by proposing to the man of their dreams. Since I’m already married, I can’t propose to anyone (as it is illegal).
Have you proposed to anyone during the Leap Year? What do you think about this strange phenomenon?
Send me love via e-mail: email@example.com. ❤ If you plan to make a similar list in your blog, comment your link below so I can check it out.